“What To Do When You Face Rejection”


BIBLE READING: Mark 3-7
As a young man I can remember putting myself out there when I would confess what I thought was my undying love to the young girl of my dreams by sending her that note that read, “I like you! Do you like me, yes or no?”  I can vividly recall the increasing speed of my heart and I anticipated her response, only to open the note to see “NO!”.  No one wants to be rejected, yet it is a fact of life that we will all be rejected.  When it comes to the Gospel, it seems that we are dealing with rejection more times than not.  So, how are we to handle it?  Don’t people understand that we have the greatest gift that the world has ever and will ever know in Jesus Christ?  Don’t they understand that they are missing out on a wonderful life?  Can’t they see that they will have to give an account for how they live their lives?  Why are they so dead set on rejecting the Good News about Jesus?  It is very easy for us to get so depressed because we tie their rejection of Jesus to a rejection of us.  Jesus knows that is how things will be for us, because the disciple faced the same things.  That is why His words are so important here in Mark 6.11 “And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet…”.  In summary, Jesus says to “move on”!  We cannot afford to let someone else’s lack of faith weaken our own.  It may be difficult, but in the end, the happiness He brings us will make us forget what the word “rejection” even means.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”