“Stay Awake”


BIBLE READING: Mark 13
In Mark 13 vs 32- 37 Jesus is explaining to his disciples the end of times.  A word phrase that Jesus uses in these verses is stay awake. He uses this phrase 4 times!  Why do you think he uses these words? Does he mean that there will literally be people asleep when he returns?  Absolutely not.  When I read this, I’m reminded of being in Spanish class in high school and my teacher telling me I needed to stay awake.  Was I snoozing in class all the time, no.  I wasn’t paying attention.  I was staring out the window instead of getting prepared for the Spanish test which I totally should have been paying more attention and preparing for. I didn’t take it serious at all.  That’s what Jesus is saying here.  Don’t stare out the window and daydream.  We need to pay attention.  We need to be prepared.  The ultimate test is coming and it’s one we definitely don’t want to flunk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”