Monday - August 1, 2016

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
MONDAY

BIBLE READING:  Hebrews 4:1-13

“Six Steps to Avoid Burnout”

Step 1: REST

If you are like me, you have to be intentional with resting. It feels like you’re wasting time when you’re not accomplishing something. I saw a t-shirt the other day that read, “I’m not Lazy. I just really enjoy doing nothing." I’m guessing I would never find any of you wearing that shirt. Let’s notice, though, that rest is necessary. 

First, In Genesis 2:2 after God finished creating the heavens and the earth, He rested. “By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all His work.” I don’t think any of us would claim to be better than God. 

Second, we find in Mark 6:30-31 where Jesus instructed the apostles to rest. “The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught." Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, Jesus said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place to get some rest."

Application: Set aside some time this week to REST, whether it be resting mentally, resting physically, or resting spiritually.

Prayer Requests

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I Will Call Upon the Lord”

“Blow-out in Boston”

"The Advice of Azariah"