“My Dream Job”


BIBLE READING: Acts 17, 18. 1-8
                I love my job!  I love my church family and I hope to be able to spend the rest of my life here at the Woodlawn Church of Christ.  With that being said, everybody has a dream job…a fantasy job if you will.  If I could work anywhere else in the world…at any given time…it just might have been being the Minister of the Church of Christ in Berea around the time 54-55 A.D. When Paul visits them on his missionary journey, he has one of the greatest compliments that could be given to a church, “…they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if those things were so” (Acts 17.11).  Imagine an entire congregation that were daily involved in the study of the Scriptures to make sure things were right.  Their spiritual diet had to be one that consisted on more meat than milk.  Now I know that I will never be able to work at the Church of Christ in Berea.  I am more than happy to spend the rest of my days here at Woodlawn, but we can be better.  We can all be better, can’t we?  There is no such thing as a perfect church, but there is such thing as a “perfected church”.  A “perfected church” is a church that is constantly working and studying how we can be transformed into the image of Christ.  May this church at Berea serve as our model, to strive daily to be the best we can be.

Prayer Requests:___________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I Will Call Upon the Lord”

“Blow-out in Boston”

"The Advice of Azariah"