Thursday - December 8, 2016

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
THURSDAY

BIBLE READING:  Philippians 4:1-9

When I was a seven year old boy, I was on vacation with my parents. We were looking around a shop about Native Americans. I opened the door for a man who was dressed as an Indian Chief. I was amazed at how he looked and then he said thanks Jay. How did he know my name? I was several days travel from home. I was truly in awe of this man knowing me. We got back in the car and rode a long way. All I could think about is that this man was magical. He looked at me and said my name! I was dumbfounded by this situation. Finally, I noticed in the upper left corner of my shirt was my name. I felt like an idiot. All he did was read my shirt. Many times in life we over think things. Things can be so simple if we just set back and think. 

Application: Christianity is not that difficult. We over think it way to often. Just trust and obey! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”