“What Kind of Light are you Shining?”


BIBLE READING: Philippians 1-4
               
 I am so sick and tired of how things have been going at church lately, he preaches so long, and his illustrations are so dry. Our singing is so pathetic, and don’t you dare get me started on the elder-ship and their lack of decision-making skills. I got a good mind to move my letter to the church down the street. Oh, I almost forgot we got a special service coming up this Sunday, you wanna come with me?”
               
I hope that is not your idea of a church invite.  I mean seriously, would you want to go and visit a church where the members are complaining like that?  As Paul writes his letter to the church at Philippi, he gives us a clear understanding of what we are to the world.  “…in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among who you shine as lights in the world…” (Philippians 2.15).   Since we are considered these “lights”, it is very important that we portray the right kind of attitude, mindset and demeanor to reflect the True Light of Christ.  Therefore, he prefaces verse 15 with “Do all things without grumbling or questioning (which means arguing)” (Philippians 2:15).  Let’s do our best to avoid such bad behavior, so that we reflect the true nature of the Bride of Christ in the church.

Prayer Requests:___________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I Will Call Upon the Lord”

“Blow-out in Boston”

"The Advice of Azariah"