“Maintaining Purpose”


BIBLE READING: John 12

                 I have always wondered how Jesus could be willing to endure all the suffering that He had to face in His life.  It must have been difficult to endure, knowing all that had to take place for the will of God to be accomplished.  He certainly had to be driven to not just throw up His hands and quit.  Where did He find the strength?  Where did He find the encouragement and motivation to endure so much?  Someone once said, “Motivation is found when purpose is discovered”.  If that statement is true, then John 12.27 records for us where Jesus received His motivation.  It reads “Now is my soul troubled.  And what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. (John 12.27) The same can be said of us today. When we find our purpose, the motivations take care of itself.  Christ’s purpose was to submit to the will of the Father, what is yours?  Find it, use it and “glorify” Him as you fulfill what your destiny will be.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I Will Call Upon the Lord”

“Blow-out in Boston”

"The Advice of Azariah"