“Imitation”


BIBLE READING: 3 John

            “I’m seeing’ my father in me.                                                                                                                                                                           
              I guess that’s how it’s meant to be 
              And I find I’m more and more kile him each day.
              I notice I walk the way he walks.
              I notice I talk the way he talks.
              I’m startin’ to see my father in me.”
                Someone once said, “limitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”  It’s clear that this concept is very prevalent in the first century church.  In 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul wrote,
Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.”  In 3 John, John (in verse 11) says, “Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good.  He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God.”  He says this in between the contrast of Diotrephes, “who loves to have the preeminence,” and Demetrius, who “has a good testimony from all, and from the truth itself.” One of the greatest things about the church is our ability to look around and find good examples.  None of us are perfect, but we can look at each other and find things to imitate as we work to grow closer to God.  What are you going to imitate today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Prepare for Happiness”