“Genuine Love is One that Acts”


BIBLE READING:  1 John 3

            “Love”, don’t we throw that word around fairly often?  I wonder if we say the words “I love you”, more out of habit than we do heart.  We must remember that those words must mean more to us than just words that roll off our tongue; they must be backed up with action.  Jesus once said "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:12-13).  He teaches us that we need to be able to love each other, but our love for each other must have some texture to it.  For instance, Jesus proves His love for us in His willingness to die for us.  If we truly do love each other, we must have some sort of action to back up that love.  That is what John meant when he said, “Little children, let us not love in word or talk, but in deed and in truth.” (I John 3.18).  This is how others will know we are of God if we genuinely express our love for one another with action.  So, before you utter those words “I love you”, ask yourself “What am I willing to do to prove my love to that person?” then do it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Prepare for Happiness”