“WE ARE BLESSED”


BIBLE READING: John 20                      

            Can you blame Thomas?  I mean just consider for a moment what the disciples are saying, “We have seen the Lord.” Three days before, Jesus was dead and now they are saying that they have seen Him.  He must have thought, “Come on fellas, this is one horrible joke…don’t do this to me.”  He also must have seemed very adamant about his next statement to his friends, “Unless I see in His hands the mark of the nails and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into His side, I will never believe.”  I can just imagine watching Thomas gesturing to his own hands and his own side. Listening to his voice get louder and faster as he is stating his case to his peers.  This going back and forth between the ten and himself went on for eight more days, but then as they were all locked in that room again, he hears the words “Peace be with you.”.  As I use my imagination to think what might have happened, I can see the biggest grin on all the others as Thomas (who had been so vocal) now… speechless.  I don’t know if he even moved…I bet Jesus had to grab hold of Thomas’ hands and place them into the holes in His body.  Then as his body begins shivering uncontrollably, due to the goosebumps that are covering his body.  His eyes quickly well up with tears and we hear him muster up these few words together; “My Lord and my God!”  As Jesus continues to have a huge smile on His face he says, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”  As Jesus uttered those words, I can’t help but think that the faces of every human being that will come to believe and obey Him from that moment until He returns ….racing through His mind.  Church…we are truly BLESSED!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Prepare for Happiness”