“My Love Will Not Depart”


BIBLE READING: Isaiah 54-58
                We have all been there haven’t we; alone, depressed, feeling that the whole world is against us.  We are even tempted with the feeling that even God has abandoned us.  We have prayed and received no reply, we have searched and found no answers and we have cried and gotten no comfort.  It is these types of feelings that remind me of why passages like this were written.
                "This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more
       go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you, and will not rebuke you.
      For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart
      from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed," says the LORD, who has
      compassion on you.” (Isaiah 54:9-10)
Even though we may feel as though God is distant, He isn’t.  Even though we may feel unloved and unappreciated, we aren’t.  Even though the world may be against us, He remains steadfast for us.  Just as God made a promise to Noah, He has made a promise to His people.  The Hebrew writer says it this way, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)  So when you begin to experience those feelings of being alone, depressed, or that feeling that the whole world is against you, lift up you head and know it is the LORD who has compassion on you!
Prayer Requests:______________________________________________________________________


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Prepare for Happiness”

“Blow-out in Boston”