Wednesday, "Affirm our Faith"

BIBLE READING: Hebrews 11. 1-7

DISCUSSION:                                       “Affirm Our Faith”

Ecclesiastes 3.11 says “He has made everything beautiful in its time: Also he has put eternity into mans heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.”
Solomon is saying that while we may not fully understand the why behind the ebbs and flows of life or be able to grasp the wholeness of His plan, He has a plan and our part is to have faith in that plan.
Hebrews 11.1 says “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Many times during these confusing times we bail out on God. Why is this happening to me, or why did this happen to them, or how could God allow this…almost to the point of blaming God. This is the opposite of how we should respond. In those moments we should affirm our faith. Our responses should be, “God, I don’t understand why, but I trust you. You placed eternity in my heart and I will stand firm in my faith knowing you will see me through to the end.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”