“We Need more people like Caleb”


BIBLE READING: Joshua 11-14

                You have to love the passion and spunk of Caleb!  Here is a man who went out on a limb with Joshua and trusted in the power of God when the original twelve went to spy out the land.   He knew that God had the power to deliver the Canaanites into their hands, only to have to spend the next forty years of his life waiting on being able to see that power displayed.  Now at eighty-five years old, he seems even more convinced than he was forty years ago.  Just listen to the excitement in his voice “I am still as strong today as I was in the day that Moses sent me; my strength now is as my strength was then, for war and for going and coming. So now give me this hill country of which the LORD spoke on that day, for you heard on that day how the Anakim were there, with great fortified cities. It may be that the LORD will be with me, and I shall drive them out just as the LORD said." (Joshua 14:11-12)  Now I know that people may have aged a little differently back then, but most eighty-five year old’s I know would say something along the lines of “I’m not as young as I once was and my body doesn’t work like it used to”.  Forget eighty-five years old, I would be happy if some of our twenty-five, thirty-five or even fifty-five-year-olds at church had that kind of passion and zeal.  I pray that I continue to be energized in my faith even in the midst of unbelief and doubt.  I pray that I can have a faith like Caleb, and I pray that our churches have a few Caleb’s too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Prepare for Happiness”