“Bless Ibzan’s Heart”


BIBLE READING: Judges 12-15

                I love children!  I have committed a good part of my life to youth ministry and helping children to look to Jesus.  I also love my own three children dearly.  I pray for them often and do whatever I can to point them to Christ.  Yet the speed of life has made our lives very difficult.   It seems that most of my time is spent in transporting to sporting events, school activities, church activities and then constantly fussing on them about doing their homework, cleaning their room, folding their clothes and the constant personal electronic device battle we have to fight; whether it is Xbox, PlayStation, phones or iPad.  Life seems to be a constant struggle for me.  Which makes me think “bless poor Izban’s heart” could you imagine facing the same battles that you face with two, three or maybe four children, but with sixty children.  There isn’t much written about him, but you know what they say, “if you want to get something done give it to a busy man”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I Will Call Upon the Lord”

“Blow-out in Boston”

"The Advice of Azariah"