Wednesday - November 9, 2016

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
WEDNESDAY

BIBLE READING:  Malachi 3:6-15

Do you consider yourself a thief? I would suppose that your immediate answer is “No!”  Let me rephrase the question. Would you consider it stealing to intentionally use the service of a particular organization and never pay for it? You might think, “If you are talking about those extra TV channels that I get, I’ve reported it to the cable company two or three times and they have yet to fix it!” No, that isn’t what I’m referring to, but that is a good analogy! 

Instead, I’m suggesting how often we enjoy the free grace, mercy, and life that Jesus offers. Yet, when it is time to give praise to Him, we are scant with our offerings. I understand that we are not paying for God’s blessings, but Malachi brings up the question “Will a man rob God?" ( Malachi 3:8). The text confirms that yes, man does rob God in tithes and offerings. I want you to consider the posed question today: Have you been robbing God? Have you really been giving back to Him as you have prospered? If not, then you have been found guilty of robbing God.

Application: This week, take special consideration of your giving. Ask yourself some serious questions and answer them honestly. It will be difficult, but you will be blessed in the long run. Remember, the more you give to His church and His purposes, the more you will be blessed!

Prayer Request

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”