Saturday - February 4, 2017

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
SATURDAY

BIBLE READING:  Acts 3:11-26

As a teacher and a student, I always looked forward to “back to school” time. I have always gotten excited about new notebooks, folders, and pencils because they reminded me I had the opportunity to start off with a clean slate. I always needed an  opportunity to start completely over because I didn’t always apply myself in school. 

Maybe that is why I love the blood of Jesus so much! At times, I feel that I really do not apply myself to the cause of Christ as much as I should, and I need a “do-over.” Everyday, every hour, and every minute I’m alive offers an opportunity to start over, to wipe the slate clean, and begin again like I am brand new! Peter tells us to, “Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19). The phrase “blotted out” means “to smear out, that is, obliterate (erase), blot out, wipe away.” Those words are music to my ears. I can’t tell you how many times I have needed my sins “blotted out.” But I can tell you that no matter how much I mess up, the blood of Jesus is there for me when I ask for it. 

Application: Let today be the first day to start fresh and have your sins obliterated. Thank God for the blood of Jesus that offers us this opportunity to start off with a clean slate over and over again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”