Saturday - October 22, 2016

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
SATURDAY

BIBLE READING:  Galatians 2:15-21

“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20). 

Since I became a Christian, this passage has been one of those that has always encouraged me. However, every now and then, the person that I was so long ago seems to try to resurrect himself. It’s difficult  keeping my old habits away. Just when I least expect it, the old me pops up and wants to satisfy his desires of the flesh. My mind knows that this person was put to death and buried in that watery grave of baptism, but my flesh keeps trying to make me believe that he is still there. Will I ever be able to hold my old self in check long enough to allow my new self to thrive? 

That is a question that has yet to be answered. Even though it seems like I fail over and over again, that does not mean that I should give up. In fact, it is all the more reason for me to continue fighting. 

Application: Jesus never promised us that being a Christian would be easy, but He did promise us it would be worth the effort! Keep fighting and don't ever give up!

Prayer Request

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Prepare for Happiness”