Friday - July 15, 2016

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
FRIDAY

BIBLE READING:  Isaiah 40-43

I hate going to the doctor! If it isn’t the way that I feel that gets me there, it is the copay I have to make at the end, or the shot that I have to get in my backside, or the lecture I get on what I should be doing that I am not. I HATE IT ALL! But the number one thing I hate about going to the doctor, is the waiting room. I hate having to wait. I guess that is my Generation X mentality. If I can get a pizza delivered to my house in 30 minutes or less, why do I have to wait hours in a waiting room? So I wait, and wait, and wait and you do too. In fact, there are several places where God just has us to wait, and whether we like it or not, we must wait! Moses waited 40 years in the wilderness of Midian before God called him to lead the nation of Israel. Noah waited almost 370 days on the ark. Joseph waited no telling how many years in Egypt and in prison before being blessed by God. The point is we ought to get used to this waiting thing. Be patient. God may not be moving as fast as you want Him to, but rest assured, He is moving. He will bless us when the time is right. There may be a few arks, prisons, or waiting rooms that we all have to remain in for a period of time. You know they say good things come to those who wait, “but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31).

Prayer Requests

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Prepare for Happiness”