“ The Smoking Section”


BIBLE READING: Mark 2
 Mark 2
Recently I was part of a conversion regarding a recent sermon. The point of the sermon was that we might have to start sitting in the smoking section. One of the participants in the conversation said, “but I don’t want to sit there because I don’t want to smell like smoke – it makes me sick!” Of course I took the opportunity to inform her and the group that I was pretty sure the speaker was being figurative rather than literal. We all had a good laugh and I think we were all on the same page from the beginning anyways.
Jesus did not mind “sitting in the smoking section” and that is where we fin him in Mark 2. Right after Jesus calls what could have been one of these “smokers” to follow him (Matthew, or Levi) he uses those connections to share a meal with sinners and tax collectors. Jesus closes the questioning of his company with this statement, those who are well have no need of a doctor, I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Expand your circles, seek the lost, try sitting in the “smoking section.”-MB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I Will Call Upon the Lord”

“Blow-out in Boston”

"The Advice of Azariah"