"The Ark of the Covenant"

BIBLE READING: Exodus 25-27

                I remember the scene well; Indiana Jones had just fallen into the room that was full of all those snakes, and remember, he hates snakes! As he and his partner remove the top of the tomb that unveiled the Ark of the Covenant, the room lit up as if Gods presence had just been uncovered.  That is exactly what the Ark of the Covenant represented during the days of the Old Testament; the very presence of God.  The Bible says in Exodus 25.21-22 “And you shall put the mercy seat on the top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the testimony that I shall give you. There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are on the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you about all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel.”  Personally, I have always been fascinated with the Ark, and have wondered what happened to it over the centuries.  There have been claims that the Ark has been found, but none of those claims seem to fit the description that is laid out in the book of Exodus.  What would happen if we did find it?  Would it still represent that same presence that it did in the Old Testament?  I don’t think so because today we don’t need a gold box for us to experience the very presence of God.  Today, God lives within the lives of us as Christians. I Corinthians 3:16 tells us “Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” Jesus also says, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.” (John 14:23).  I have always imagined how cool it would be to be in the presence of the Almighty Creator of the Universe; I guess I don’t have to imagine anymore, because His Presence has been with me ever since I came up out of those waters of baptism.  If you do not have the Presence of God in your life, remember when you procrastinate to Him, it becomes sin!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I Will Call Upon the Lord”

“Blow-out in Boston”

"The Advice of Azariah"