Monday- November 7, 2016

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
MONDAY

BIBLE READING:  Revelation 11:1-14

You have heard it before in the prayer during worship. In fact, you have been known to pray for it a few times yourself: Opportunities. After all, we want to reach the lost and dying world, if only we just had an opportunity to do so. Have you ever thought about just how ridiculous that sounds? It's like praying, “Lord, we love you and want to do your will, if we only had air to breathe. Please, Father, I pray that you give me air to breathe so that I may serve you. Oh yeah, and guide, guard and direct us, Amen!” 

I wonder if God ever listens to our prayers and thinks, “Really? You are asking for me to give you opportunities? Have you not noticed the other people in the world?" If we just take a moment to think about it, right now there are over seven billion opportunities that God has already provided for us. I feel that Jesus was giving the disciples a hint to look for opportunities when He said to the Samaritans, “Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest” (John 4:35). 

Application: So today, instead of praying for opportunities (because I think we have plenty), let’s pray that God will give us the strength and the courage to seize the opportunities for Him. 

Prayer Request

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”