Monday - July 11, 2016

Woodlawn Family Bible Study
MONDAY

BIBLE READING:  Isaiah 28-30

Let’s try a little exercise: Go to your refrigerator and pull out that dish that is way in the back. You know, the one you had forgotten about and saved for lunch the next day...three weeks ago...and it now looks like a science experiment. Now open it.  I know, gross isn’t it? I mean how many colors of the mold spectrum can there be? Now that you have it open, take your spoon and dig out a big dollop and place it in you mouth. Go ahead, you can do it.  Now, swallow it. There you go.  Now that wasn’t so bad, was it? 

WAIT!  NO!  NOT ON THE CARPET! 

You vomited didn’t you? I would have too! We all know that feeling that we get when we put something in our mouth that we know is not going to stay there for very long. It is an awful feeling. Just think about it. That is the feeling that Christ gets about us if we are lukewarm with our faith. “I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth” (Revelation 3:15-16). I would hate to know that my apathy with faith made Jesus sick. 

Application: Take some action today to make your life one that is hot with activity for the Lord. Oh yeah, don’t forget to clean up your mess!

Prayer Requests

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Colors of Christmas: Green

“Blow-out in Boston”

“Is there Joy in your Heart?”